Estates of Shady Hollow Home Owners Association

Minutes From Board of Directors' Meeting of
July 21, 2005

Present

Board: John Anderson, John McGraw, Allen Gunter, Victoria Harkins, April Schweighart

ACC: Dyan Tullia

Homeowners: None

Property Manager: Carl Gamble

Homeowner Comments/Questions - None

Approval of Minutes From June 23, 2005 Meeting (April Schweighart)

Minutes approved on motion by April Schweighart, seconded by John Anderson.

ACC Report (Dyan Tullia for Rich Anderson)

Activity – Approved an application for a deck. No other applications in progress

FAQs for website – No progress to report

Treasurer’s Report (Allen Gunter)

There was nothing new to report. Carl took an action item to follow up with Diamondscape regarding are the lights at the entrance to the Estates of Shady Hollow to see if that is the reason for the higher than budgeted electricity expenses.

Property Manager’s Report (Carl Gamble)

No particular issues to report. There are five delinquencies on homeowners’ dues. Carl will send letters to homeowners as a follow up.

Aqua Texas Rate Increase (Victoria Harkins)

The certified questions were filed on July 8. Aug 24 will be the date for the oral arguments.

OHAN Update (John Anderson)

There continues to be controversy with the Highway 290 expansion at the “Y” including flyovers, etc. Public hearings continue. The Second Annual Cruise 'n' Blues Festival in Oak Hill in Southwest Austin is scheduled for October 8. Volunteers are needed. There is a link on the OHAN website, www.ohan.org.

Homeowner Complaints (April Schweighart)

April 27 Complaint re: debris and rock Piles

The County Department of Health was contacted on July 1. The said an investigator would arrive on July 5 or 6. The Department informed the complaining homeowner that the debris piles must be removed within 30 days, but they would not follow up on the rock piles. Carl will follow up to verify that the rock piles are still there. John McGraw will talk with the homeowners to see if he is willing to address these piles or should the Board arrange take care of it and bill the homeowner.

July 7 Complaint re: People throwing trash in ditch, hindering maintenance

We agreed that people should not throw trash out of their cars, but there is no good way to enforce this. It is an issue for many homeowners, not just those with ditches. John Anderson will respond to the homeowner.

July 8 Complaint re: Homeowners placing rocks along the edge of the roadway

We agreed that the rocks are not desirable. But the rocks have deterred vehicles driving across lawns and damaging lawns and fences. Also, the rocks are on the county easement. John Anderson will respond to the homeowner.

Review/update of 1992 Deed Restriction Enforcement Policy and Management Plan

We reviewed the write up of last month’s discussion on this topic. We agreed to modify what we agreed to last month with the addition of adding having the homeowner with an issue to come before the Board as an option. April will modify the policy and send to Board, the ACC Chair, and Carl Gamble. It will be sent to our attorney when the Board agrees with the wording.

September 2005 newsletter (Allen Gunter)

Allen will provide a report on having the newsletter printed by outside organization with advertisements at the next meeting.

Further refinements to the Bylaws and CC&Rs:

The Amendment incorporating changes approved at 2004 meeting was reviewed by Allen and approved with minor changes. John Anderson signed it. Carl will forward to Connie Heyer.

Next Meeting

August 18, 2005 6:30pm to 8:30 pm, Location Manchaca Fire Hall, 2nd Floor

Respectfully Submitted,

April Schweighart

Recording Secretary