Estates of Shady Hollow Home Owners Association

Minutes From Board of Directors' Meeting of
December 14, 2004

Present

Homeowner Comments/Questions

None.

Review/Approval of Minutes

Allen Gunter noted that the following minutes were approved by email votes: August (motion to approve by George Robbins, second by David Carpenter); September (motion to approve by George Robbins, second by John Anderson); October (motion to approve by George Robbins, second by John Anderson). These email votes were largely due to the regular monthly business meetings being preempted by the annual meetings. The minutes from the November Annual Meeting were approved upon a motion made by David Carpenter and seconded by Deborah Treece.

ACC Report

Rich Anderson was unable to attend the meeting, but did phone Allen Gunter to report that the ACC has approved landscaping, a pool, a storage shed, a sun room, a patio, a fence, a well, and the conversion of a three-car garage into a two-car garage and an additional room for the house. A review of an application for screening of a boat is in process, and a patio cover has been disapproved due to failure to satisfy the roof pitch requirements of the CC&Rs. However, the ACC has taken the homeowner to see other, approved patio covers which has given the homeowner ideas for a better cover, and the ACC expects the homeowner to submit revised plans.

Treasurerís Report

George Robbins reported that reserves at the end of November were $39,000. Through the end of November, year-to-date expenses were $22,541 versus budgeted expenses of $21,462, with the overage due to the cost of the patrols that were initiated mid-year and not included in the 2004 budget. The reserve is always highest at the end of January when most of the dues for the year have been received, and then declines through the rest of the year.

2005 Budget

The final budget for 2005 (attached) was formally approved by unanimous vote upon a motion made by George Robbins and seconded by David Carpenter. It had been informally approved previously, but had not yet been formally approved due to the preemption of the Board's normal business meetings in October and November by the annual homeowners meetings.

Service Providers

The issue of due diligence with respect to the Association's service providers (property management, insurance, landscaping, etc.) was discussed. The quality of the services we currently are receiving is felt to be very good, and the cost is low enough that there seems to be little opportunity to realize any material savings without a material reduction in either the level or quality of services. However, some type of review should be undertaken from time to time so that the Board can assure homeowners that their dues are being applied prudently. This issue will be discussed further in 2005.

Insurance

John Anderson's motion (seconded by Deborah Treece) to formally approve the renewal of the Association's general liability, property, and directors and officers liability coverages as recommended by Sandy Haire (McCall, Hibler and Allen) was unanimously approved. The renewal had been informally approved by email, but had not yet been formally approved due to the preemption of the Board's normal business meetings in October and November by the annual homeowners meetings.

Aqua Texas Rate Increase

Victoria Harkins indicated that the next step in protesting the increase is to review TCEQ files to identify who has filed protests so far. This information will be used to identify other homeowner associations that may be interested in banding together with respect to protest activities. Victoria will take the lead on the file review, but would like to have the help of two or three others.

CC&Rs and Bylaws

Allen Gunter will contact Connie Heyer to get the CC&Rs rewritten to reflect the changes approved by homeowners at the annual meeting.

Election of Officers for 2005

The following officers were unanimously approved for 2005 upon a motion made by Allen Gunter and seconded by David Carpenter:

 

Priorities for 2005

The following issues were identified for review by the Board during 2005:

Next Meeting

The next Board meeting will be on Thursday, January 20, 2005 starting at 6:30pm at Bailey Middle School.

 

Respectfully Submitted,

 

 

Allen Gunter
Recording Secretary